Monday, February 25, 2008

And the winner is...

ME!! Yeah!! A new year, and another Oscar! Yes, that's right I've won 2 consecutive Oscars! For what you ask?!? I moonlight as an actress. I go by the name of Sandra Oh. Yes, I've put on some weight, but that's what happens when you're happy and eat too much at the post Oscar parties. ;o)


Reality is, one of my friends is an Oscar nut and this is the second year in a row she's gone all out to throw an awesome party. With Oscar themed decorations, prizes and even scratch tickets. Both years she had us fill out predictions on who would win in each category, and each year, I've won the contest and brought the Oscar home. So, maybe I kinda took a peek at the People magazine article, but not on purpose! I happen to read it on occasion, and just stumbled upon the predictions for this year. So, yes, it did help a little.

So, my friend the Oscar nut, is turning 10 because she was born on Feb 29th. Well, actually 40 (Eeep! Sorry L, but I had to explain!), but we'll let her believe she's 10 years old..for now. :) Well, she was all upset that no one was making an effort to get together for her b-day..a big one at that. Meanwhile, some friends and I had plans to crash her Oscars party to celebrate with her. A success!! She had NO clue and we were able to pull it off beautifully! The theme was loosely held around a 10 year old girl's party. Gifts, balloons, manicures, pigtails (well, some of us anyways), tiaras, loot bags and a BIG cake. We all had fun, and most importantly, it seemed the b-day girl had a blast. We also celebrated another friend's b-day last night with a smaller cake and gifts, as it is her b-day today.

Now that the fun is over, I have been feverishly entering in year end numbers for our accountant. UGH..I dread the end of Feb. I managed to get D's consulting business stuff entered this morning and now onto our personal stuff and 2 of my businesses. What a nightmare. Each year I promise myself to stay on top of it and not have to rush to enter it all in last minute. Then, each year I start well, and then finish badly. Kind of like me and exercise. Although I do plan on going back to playing badminton with D once my knee is completely healed (I had a nasty fall on a patch of ice and it's slowly getting better). I really enjoy badminton, and found out that, I'm not too bad at it. Quite fun and great exercise!

We were hoping to take the kids to their second movie (in a theater) this past weekend, but there was absolutely nothing good playing. Just Alvin and the chipmunks, which they had already seen a few months ago. Horton Hears a Who is suppose to be coming out soon, so hopefully we'll be able to take them to see it once it's out. Angelina just loves Dr. Seuss stories at bedtime. Not sure how much Brad will enjoy it, but he was pretty well behaved during Alvin, so we'll see.

Back to reality now. The kids will be in bed in less then 1 hour and then I've really got to get more stuff entered. Oh joy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sonia, on adding one more time-consuming item to your forever growing "To Do" list!!
My sister has also been bugging me to start a blog which I have proudly sustained from since that might just make me too cuckoo to ever be sane again!
But I DO enjoy reading blogs of people close to me; it keeps us all in the loop of what's going on in our daily lives.
I'll try and get Romy to update her blog; lately, she's been busy "chatting" with her friends(boys?).

Shannon said...

What a fun idea for your friend's birthday party! Is there any better party than one for a 10 year old? Cake, ice cream, balloons....every birthday should be that fun!

Congrats on your two Oscar wins! You're now Hillary Swank!

Joyce said...

your friends sound fun! i love it when people go all out for a themed party!