Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Biscotti Anyone?

Ok, so here it is..my first batch of soap. Freshly sliced up this afternoon.


The reason they look like fugly stumpy cream and now puke coloured biscotti (instead of nice sized handmade bars) is because I became impatient waiting for my wood mold to arrive from the US. It's been shipped, but I guess customs is holding it for ransom. So, I looked in my trusty soapmaker's companion book, and it suggested using a rubbermaid container. It worked, but my container was a HUGE rectangular one, so what should have been the size of a slice of banana bread is now a stumpy piece of biscotti. Oh well, it's still functional and it smells wonderful! Very fresh and cleared my sinuses!

Got a haircut today while Brad was napping. Thought I liked my new hairdresser Michael, but now, I'm not too sure. Michael has an idea of how HE wants my hair to look and it's different then how I normally got my hair done by my previous hairdresser Tony of 15+ years. I miss Tony! I could continue to get my hair done by him, but he has moved to a salon about an hour away. Longer if it's rush hour. I love him....but not that much. So, I ended up with a shoulder length bob with long layers. He flat ironed it so it would looked "sleek" as he put it. To me, it just looks FLAT and dead on my head. But, it's a huge improvement to the rat's nest I was sporting, so I guess I'll get use to it.

D took Angelina out swimming at the local community pool tonight. It's their daddy and daughter bonding time. So, Brad had me all to himself at home. Cute little bugger is such a clown when his sister isn't around. When she's around, he worships and copies everything she does and just acts differently.

I had one of my SU downlines come over tonight after the kids went to bed. She is holding her very first workshop this Friday (yeah!!) and I helped her design and cut her make and takes. Then D and I watched the last episode of LOST that we taped. What is going on with Sayed?!? Tell me he ain't working for...I won't spoil it for those who watch LOST, but have yet to watch the last episode. I thought they were starting to answer questions, but now I see there are a whole bunch of new questions!

I am still thinking Dexter is the best thing out there on tv. I am eagerly awaiting the start of season 3, whenever that may be. For those of you who haven't seen the show yet, I believe CBS is showing an edited version starting this week - WATCH it!!! If you have a weak stomach, keep watching..trust me when I say that after episode 3, you'll be immune to all the bloodshed. Heck by mid season 1, you'll be wanting Dexter to kill someone! LOL How demented that must sound..but truly, after watching enough of the show, you feel great empathy towards the character and hope he gets away with it all and continues along his journey of serial killing.

Ok, tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I am going to see our GP regarding a second referral for my father, so I better go to bed so I don't look and act like a zombie.

*wave*

8 comments:

Kaili said...

Welcome to the very addicting and FUN world of blogging. I'll add you to my feeds. :)

Audrey said...

Yes, Dexter is the BEST show out there. I don't know how it happened but you totally got me addicted. I haven't watched Lost since season 2 but I've been hearing that I should watch it again since it's so good.

Jessica said...

Your biscotti soap looks yummy! Like custard or tofu!!! I'm sure it's great!

Your haircut looks great, too! It's a new you! I think in a few days you'll like it...don't they say that the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 2weeks!!! (or something like that!)

LindaShmoo said...

WOW!!! That is the most delicious fudge looking soap I've ever seen... if it had the fudge brownie scent to it... imagine... rubbing chocolate fudge all over... that would be like rolling in a bed of money... teehee Heaven I tell ya!!!!

Joyce said...

is the bath and body products you are making "all natural"?

Sonia said...

The entire line is vegan. Everything (soaps, bath bombs, lip shine, sugar and dead sea salt scrubs) is all natural except for the whipped body frosting and the bath and shower gel. The scrub can be made all natural if I exclude the tiny bit of wash I add to it.

I will have a concentrated cream out later (whipped shea butter) that is all natural. I'll even be making castille soap, which is made of 100% olive oil. This is awesome for people who have extremely sensitive skin and for use on babies and children.

In order to be completely natural, the buyer would have to request an essential oil scent, rather then a fragrance scent. Both of which I carry.

Thanks for asking!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you're a huge Lost fan like I am! I love that show and always look forward to Thursdays. Yes, it was interesting with Sayid...so who's the remaining 2 of the Oceanic 6? You can't count Sayid's "boss" as he wasn't on the plane.

Your soap looks yummy. Do you make anything with lemongrass? That is my favorite scent.

Sonia said...

Oh yes Shannon..LOST is a GREAT show! I am SO glad we got through 2nd season and stuck to it. No idea who the remaining 2 might be. I'm hoping it's Claire and the baby or the Korean couple.